- This event has passed.
The Sound Massage
June 20, 2012 @ 7:30 pm - 10:00 pm$5
In the Dark – we turn the lights off and your ears on
Thrilling audio stories – listening for pleasure
A very gracious thankyou to everyone who attended and made In The Dark – The Sound Massage the amazing night that it was! Also our deep gratitude to the talented sound masseuses during the intermission, and to all who contributed work to the program, which you can find details of below. If you missed out, or would like to find out about the next event – please subscribe to our Facebook page to be kept in the loop!
- Pictionary [audiolapse] by Katherine Smyrk
- Girl on a Bicycle by Rosa Ellen
- Layered by Stephanie Davis
- Occupy Melbourne by Dale Bridge (3CR)
- Crown the King: Red Takes Black by Adam Kampe (Third Coast)
- Brothers Since Birth by Galluci
- Veronica’s Backyard by Joel Supple (ARC)
- Sound Massage by Jane Curtis, interviewing Pascal Battus
- Escape [audiolapse] by Pry
- Red Bricks and Weatherboards by Jaye Kranz
- Interview with Marc Lewis (a neuroscientist examines his brains on drugs) by Jacinta Parsons (3RRR – Detour)
- Voice and Paper by Carolyn Connors
- Unheimliche Manoeuvres by Jessie Borrelle & Jon Tjhia (Paper Radio)
- Lights Out by Delaney Hall (ITD UK: Sound Bank)
- Southbank to Brunswick [audiolapse] by Joel Church
After a very successful debut in Melbourne, In the Dark is back again. ITD’s second Melbourne event, The Sound Massage will unearth local audio talent like Paper Radio, Stephanie Davies and Gallucci alongside international hi-fi heavy hitters Sound Bank (UK) and Third Coast (US). In the interval unwind with a bevvie or with a sound massage from our trained sound masseuses. Whether you’re a seasoned audiophile or curious to hear what listening in the dark with a bunch of strangers could be like, come down to Wesley Anne in Northcote on June 20. Like to attend on Facebook? Click attending on the event page!